R7500 with CM500 modem randomly loose internet connection.

shirl001
Aspirant

R7500 with CM500 modem randomly loose internet connection.

I have Netgear R7500 with CM500 modem loose internet connection wired/wireless then comes back after 1 minute. I'm on latest 1.0..0.94 software. Is there anyways to correct this. I have own this for 3 months so all are new.

Message 1 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Re: R7500 with CM500 modem randomly loose internet connection.

Hi @shirl001,

Welcome to Community!

Before configuring the R7500, please connect first your computer directly to CM500 and check if the connections is stable. We have to make sure that the cable modem has stable connection or else you may need to contact ISP to check the connection.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 6
shirl001
Aspirant

The modem is stable when connected to the pc. When kwe loose internet connection, the 2.4 and 5ghz also looses signal. I see the ssid for 2.4ghz and 5ghz dissappeared and then comes back a few minutes later which makes me think the router is the issue. I had a pc connected to router by wire znd it also looses connection.

Message 3 of 6
JamesGL
Master

@shirl001,

Did it work before prior to updating the firmware? And did you reset the router to factory default after the firmware update?

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 6
shirl001
Aspirant

I have owned this system for exactly 3 months. When I updated to the new firmware, I did manual factory reset by pushing the button on back of router. I then reconfigured the router from scratch. The router would work for a about a few days and then all of the sudden I would loose all Wifi signal from the router. All SSID would disappear and I have not internet connection. A few minutes later it would come back. Sometime internet would come back and sometime I would get exclamation point on network. I had to reboot the Router and Modem to get the system back working. A couple times, the router would all the sudden reboot itself and looses all configuration, like it went into a manufacturer reset on its own.  I had to reconfigured the network after the reset.

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

@shirl001,

If the router reboots by itself, this might be a hardware issue. You may contact support if ever you are still within hardawre warranty ,which starts from the date of purchase, and have it replaced.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E