Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7500 won't connect to computer ethernet port

drselz
Aspirant

R7500 won't connect to computer ethernet port

Router lights are all white, but ethernet port on computer is yellow, so NO internet. Removing router, and directly cabling modem to computer through ethernet is fine. I have reset router multiple times, tried three different ethernet cables and No connection. I even tried an older Netgear router (N600), which worked for several hours, and then quit working also. Any suggestions?

Model: R7500|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
drselz
Aspirant

Re: R7500 won't connect to computer ethernet port

Unfortunately, nothing seemed to correct the problem, so I purchased an R7800. It had trouble connecting also, and I had to reboot into safe mode to install it, and then upgrade the firmware. Since then, all seems to be working!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi drselz,

1. Try to use all the ports on your router.

2. Use a different computer.

3. Check the IP address of the computer when connected to the router.

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi drselz,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 3 of 4
drselz
Aspirant

Unfortunately, nothing seemed to correct the problem, so I purchased an R7800. It had trouble connecting also, and I had to reboot into safe mode to install it, and then upgrade the firmware. Since then, all seems to be working!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7