Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7500v2 2.4Ghz output problem

BMWTriker
Aspirant

R7500v2 2.4Ghz output problem

I'm using an app on my iPhone (8 plus) latest iOS called wifi Sweetspot. Supposedly you start it and walk around and you can see a moving line of points which indicate the strength of the signal. When using it with my iPhone attached to the 5Ghz, it has a very strong signal all over my house. Including two spots that are critical to have good wifi. However, many of the devices that are dependent on my wifi router are designed to ONLY use 2.4Ghz. And when I attach my iPhone to that connection, the output is literaly almost zero. NJADA. This obviously just started. The router is on three years old. Ought to be good for a few more years. I saw some other posts regarding the 2.4Ghz dropping out and other descriptions. This one is just weak. Anythiing I can do or am I destined to replace my entire router (BIG PAIN).

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R7500v2 2.4Ghz output problem

Have you adjusted the wireless channel of the 2.4ghz?

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
BMWTriker
Aspirant

Oh, and the reason I was testing the 2.4Ghz is because I have 8 wifi light switches(WEMO from Belkin) that quit working (all are on the 2.4Ghz) along with quite a few other devices.

Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you adjusted the wireless channel of the 2.4ghz?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
BMWTriker
Aspirant

As a matter of fact, I'm not sure why I had it set to a specific channel, but changing it to Auto seemed to improve the output enough to get everything around my house working again. I plan on replacing my router maybe later this year or next and also replace several other devices at the same time. Relieved I didn't have to do it right now. Thanks for responding.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7