Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7500v2 Connection Dropping before and now Internet LED stays Amber

NGUser456
Follower

R7500v2 Connection Dropping before and now Internet LED stays Amber

The issue first problem that apparently came up was the Internet LED went amber and stayed that way (I wasn't here when this happened a few weeks ago but this is what my father told me). I know this isn't a modem issue because when directly connected to my modem I get a connection with no issue. My father stopped using the router until I got home this weekend and when I turned on the router and tried to reset everything it worked fine with the exception that the connection would drop every 30 minutes to an hour. The Wi-Fi Names/SSIDs broadcasted from the router would disappear and re-appear 30 seconds later. I thought this was really annoying so I just went to power cycle the router and when it turned back on I was able to connect to the router, but the Internet LED was amber and there is no Internet connection just like my dad says it was initially. The firmware is up to date (v1.0.3.26) and I'm out of ideas on what the issue could be. My warranty expired a few months ago and this is my second router from netgear that is breaking down within 2 years of purchasing. The first router I had was the R6400 and that router's wireless capabilities just completely decided to go wild the day after the warranty expired. I'm just really hoping someone can help me fix this or else I'm never touching a netgear product again after spending around $400 on 2 routers within 3 years.

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: R7500v2 Connection Dropping before and now Internet LED stays Amber

I know this isn't a modem issue because when directly connected to my modem I get a connection with no issue.

As the saying goes it takes two to tango. It may well be a modem issue, or a combination.

The orange Internet light is a sign that the router is not negotiating a connection to your Internet service provider. This may be because the modem is getting in the way or is not properly set up to work with a router.

The first thing to do is to reboot the whole network.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

In this way the modem and router will carry out the conversation it takes to configure the network, and the IP addresses, in the right way.

There is a manual for the R7500v2 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> Nighthawk R7500v2 | AC2350 Smart WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support <<<<

See page 16.

This is on the basis that your modem is properly configured and does not have its own router features. (Another reason why you can't make the bald statement that the modem has nothing to do with it.) If it does, then it will get in the way of the router.

If the restart thing does not work, tell us about your modem and perhaps someone will have more ideas.

When it comes to the wifi issues, did you factory reset the router after applying the latest firmware? See page 11 in the manual.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: R7500v2 Connection Dropping before and now Internet LED stays Amber

I know this isn't a modem issue because when directly connected to my modem I get a connection with no issue.

As the saying goes it takes two to tango. It may well be a modem issue, or a combination.

The orange Internet light is a sign that the router is not negotiating a connection to your Internet service provider. This may be because the modem is getting in the way or is not properly set up to work with a router.

The first thing to do is to reboot the whole network.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

In this way the modem and router will carry out the conversation it takes to configure the network, and the IP addresses, in the right way.

There is a manual for the R7500v2 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> Nighthawk R7500v2 | AC2350 Smart WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support <<<<

See page 16.

This is on the basis that your modem is properly configured and does not have its own router features. (Another reason why you can't make the bald statement that the modem has nothing to do with it.) If it does, then it will get in the way of the router.

If the restart thing does not work, tell us about your modem and perhaps someone will have more ideas.

When it comes to the wifi issues, did you factory reset the router after applying the latest firmware? See page 11 in the manual.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7