R7500v2 Ethernet Ports are limiting my bandwidth

Pycra
Aspirant

R7500v2 Ethernet Ports are limiting my bandwidth

I recently purchased a Nighthawk x4 R7500v2 off of Ebay, and it seems to work fine wirelessy. I have a 200/10 Mbps plan from Spectrum, and should be getting that on my LAN. I get 230/10 Mbps wirelessly around my house, but am only getting 18/10 Mbps when wired with a CAT6 cable going into the back of it from my laptop. The ports are blinking Amber, and all of the other lights are white. Any help is appreciated!

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 6
TheEther
Guru

Re: R7500v2 Ethernet Ports are limiting my bandwidth

An amber light means that the link is operating at 100 Mbps instead of 1000 Mbps. Do you have another Ethernet cable?

What is the model of your laptop? Are you sure it has a Gigabit Ethernet port?
Message 2 of 6
Pycra
Aspirant

Hi TheEther,

the laptop is an HP Pavilion. I have tried a Cat5e and a Cat6 cable, and have manually switched the duplex to full 1.0 Gb for the interface on the machine in device manager.

Message 3 of 6
TheEther
Guru

Does the adapter status indicate that the link speed is 1.0 Gbps?
Message 4 of 6
Pycra
Aspirant

I'm not sure I understand the question. The adapter shows 1.0 Gbps, the switch/router shows 100 Mbps (blinking orange)

Message 5 of 6
TheEther
Guru

@Pycra wrote:

I'm not sure I understand the question. The adapter shows 1.0 Gbps, the switch/router shows 100 Mbps (blinking orange)

That should not be possible.  Both sides should be running at the same speed.  Can you try a different Ethernet cable?  The router's link light should be white for 1 Gbps.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E