Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7500v2 Firmware V1.0.3.26 Problems

Cyffroi
Initiate

R7500v2 Firmware V1.0.3.26 Problems

I recently updated my Nighthawk R7500v2 with the new 1.0.3.26 Firmware from 1.0.3.24.

My once perfectly working network has gone to crap, wired devices seem to be working the best, WIFI devices are unusable.

Network timeout and DNS errors are the most common messages,  

If I reset the router to Factory settings, everything seems to work, I then change the LAN IP address to one that fits my network (192.168.4.1) ALL the WIFI connectivity dies. Devices connect and may even say they have internet, but will not surf. I can connect to internal servers and resources, and ping the gateway IP address. All internal network traffic works fine, using both internally DNS named resources and IP addresses on both the Wired and WIFI networks. I am at a bit of a loss.

WIFI Connected devices cannot even connect to the Gateway GUI using an IP address (192.168.4.1) however they can ping it...

Steps I have tried

Factory reset multiple times

Roll back to 1.0.3.24

Updated to 1.0.3.26 again (with a fresh download)

Dropped my internal 2 DNS servers for 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Switched to my ISP provided DNS servers.

Unplugged / shutdown everything connected to the network and tried them one by one.

Changed to just 5G and Just 2.4G

Just TKIP and Just AES

20 MHZ/40MHZ Coexistence on and off

Different Speeds and Modes 

Replaced the Nighthawk with my previous router (DLINK 810L) which worked perfectly (Within its capabilities)

I have a complicated network structure, I am in a WIFI congested area, and I am a high end user who pushes my network hard. I have a very large digitally connected family. I know these can all be factors, however the only thing I changed initially is the Firmware. Has anyone else had any issues with this firmware, or did my router just have a poorly timed hardware failure?  I really would like to get back to the range and speed provided by the Nighthawk.

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Cyffroi
Initiate

I gave up and bought a new router from a competitor (Linksys), The Nighthawk has been moved to my travel/portable rig, replacing the 810L, which I use for Lan Parties and Hotspot sharing while traveling, where reliability is less of a requirement. I must say, for the pricepoint, Netgear has failed to live up to expectations,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Mickey-Mouse
Initiate

Same here!!  I regret having performed the upgrade.  after reading your post I dont want to reset my router if it wont fix anything!  I wonder how long it will be before this is addressed. 😠

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 2 of 4
ReaUser
Aspirant

Yes, this needs to be fixed ASAP by Netgear. My internet is now cutting in and out!

Netgear reps please respond!

Message 3 of 4
Cyffroi
Initiate

I gave up and bought a new router from a competitor (Linksys), The Nighthawk has been moved to my travel/portable rig, replacing the 810L, which I use for Lan Parties and Hotspot sharing while traveling, where reliability is less of a requirement. I must say, for the pricepoint, Netgear has failed to live up to expectations,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7