Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7500v2 gigabit speed via LAN

letexier
Aspirant

R7500v2 gigabit speed via LAN

I have a brand new R7500v2 router and new gigabit internet. 

But when I connect to the internet through the router I do not get gigabit speeds. 

When I connect directly to my modem I get closer to the gigabit speeds that I shoudl be seeing.

See screen shot below:

NETGEAR Router R7500v2LAN problem.png

Router Firmware Version
V1.0.3.10

Windows 10 Pro v1703 PC
Killer e2200 gigabit ethernet card
Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
letexier
Aspirant

Started poking around a bit more and decided to hit the "reboot" within the Netgear genie and it seemed to change something with the speeds.  

So call this resolved and if anyone has the same problems, update firmware and once you've done that log into the router and hit the 'reboot' button in the settings to reboot the router.  

My speeds are close to gigabit now when I'm LAN connected.  On 5Ghz its at ~218/21 which isnt too bad.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9

All Replies
letexier
Aspirant

Started poking around a bit more and decided to hit the "reboot" within the Netgear genie and it seemed to change something with the speeds.  

So call this resolved and if anyone has the same problems, update firmware and once you've done that log into the router and hit the 'reboot' button in the settings to reboot the router.  

My speeds are close to gigabit now when I'm LAN connected.  On 5Ghz its at ~218/21 which isnt too bad.

Message 2 of 9
William10a
Master

Possible bad lan cable from the modem to the internet port of the router has been seen before.

Message 3 of 9
fmiranda
Aspirant

So the R7500v2 can handle gigabit intenet speeds? I have that wifi router and will get Gigabit internet this week. I guess I don't have to upgrade my wifi router then? 

A lot of people said that only the R7000 and the R7800 could handle gigabit Internet - I guess its not true then..

Message 4 of 9
letexier
Aspirant

Yes it can do gigabit speeds.  I'm getting the speeds I should via LAN cable.

Message 5 of 9
fmiranda
Aspirant

Would the R7800 perform any better than the R7500v2? Also according to a few websites, the Wan-to-Lan speeds are much better on the old R7000. Does it make any sense? 

Message 6 of 9
letexier
Aspirant

I don't know... I haven't tested.  I'm sure you could always buy/return if you purchase through Amazon or some place with a good return policy.

Message 7 of 9
William10a
Master

The performance of any routers wifi range and the speed you receive via wifi depends on more then just the router any 1gb wired lan port router should be able to pass your wired internet speed the range covered by the router has some bearing on its output power and thought put. There is no insurance that the most power router will cover every point in you home as the way your walls are made and many other factor's come in play to affect the wifi performance.

Yes you can buy routers and return them for another model or make it may cost more in gas to get a few feet  and just a little faster internet speed then its worth

but the choice is yours to make as you need what exactly you want from a router.

Message 8 of 9
William10a
Master

Yes Genie can cause you issue with your internet speeds and many other that have been posted on the community the speed of your wifi internet is very good now from the speeds reported in your posting.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7