Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7500v2- openvpn issue

Tmoore1710
Tutor

R7500v2- openvpn issue

Im looking for the beta "r7500v2-v1.0.3.11-td272-openvpn.img" firmware to fix the tun - tap issue with openvpn settings on the router.  You can use this case # 28100817 for reference. I listed the firmware upabove that fixed the issue.  Thanks

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Tmoore1710
Tutor

Solved!!!
I was running the latest firmware for the R7500v2. So I went back and looked at the firmwares that mentioned anything about openvpn and iOS. I found firmware 1.0.3.4 and downloaded that firmware and I instantly connected with openvpn. I later installed the newest version firmware again. Everything works.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies

Are you looking for some sort of help? Or passing on advice?

Message 2 of 4
Tmoore1710
Tutor

Looking for some help! Please!
It has the openvpn option for both tun - tap in the menu but only the tap works for windows with port number 12974. The tun for iOS with port number 12973 does not work. I can swap the port number in my configuration profile and give it the tap port number 12974 and it tries to connect but it doesn’t cause of the tap interface iOS doesn’t support it. I’ve read a lot of other post and it has been a issue on some other R7500v2 routers. Netgear released a beta firmware that fixed the issue which I referenced the case # in my previous post. I’ve did all the updates with the latest firmwares and It still doesn’t work. I’ve used openvpn on other netgear routers so I’m not new to the config profiles and how it works. All help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Message 3 of 4
Tmoore1710
Tutor

Solved!!!
I was running the latest firmware for the R7500v2. So I went back and looked at the firmwares that mentioned anything about openvpn and iOS. I found firmware 1.0.3.4 and downloaded that firmware and I instantly connected with openvpn. I later installed the newest version firmware again. Everything works.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7