Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7800 Bridge Mode With Multiple Networks Behind the Bridge

jshdcooper
Follower

R7800 Bridge Mode With Multiple Networks Behind the Bridge

Hello,

I'm having an issue with a R7800 in bridge mode. I have a lab setup in my house and in order to bring internet into it, I have set up a R7800 in bridge mode. The R7800 feeds into a managed switches where I have various devices plugged into it. This works fine for devices on my home network and most of the devices I've been working with have had management IPs on this home network.

My problem now is that I have a few vlans that sit behind a router in my lab. I have static routes on my PCs pointing to these networks to the routers that sit behind the bridge. When I try to access those networks, the Netgear seems to forward these to it's default gateway, instead of forwarding them to the router's interface that is behind the bridge. This IP is on the home network, and it shouldn't be doing any L3 or routing in bridge mode, but it clearly is.

For example.

My laptop(192.168.50.141) is trying to access a host on a different network at 10.0.30.5. I have a route for the 10.0.30.0/24 on my PC pointing to 192.168.50.25(which I can access no problem)

When I traceroute to 10.0.30.5, I see the bridge(192.168.50.150) sending the traffic to it's default gateway, which is incorrect. It should just send it to 192.168.50.25 since that's the destination.

Attached is a basic network diagram.

Ultimately, I'm hoping I can disable any routing on the bridge. It should simply be a L2 bridge and not making any routing decisions at all. I don't see anything in the GUI that would allow that, but that's my hope.

Thanks,

Josh

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: R7800 Bridge Mode With Multiple Networks Behind the Bridge

@jshdcooper wrote:

I'm having an issue with a R7800 in bridge mode.

For clarification, what do you mean by "bridge mode"? (That's a term that gets used, and misused, in various ways.)

I'm guessing that you mean wireless bridge mode. (As a wireless repeater/) Source or client?

@jshdcooper wrote:

Ultimately, I'm hoping I can disable any routing on the bridge.

In client mode I'd expect the source router to handle that. Hence the question.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7