Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7800 Console access denied

haikuman
Aspirant

R7800 Console access denied

All of a sudden, when trying to login to my R7800 console (http://192.168.1.1) I am getting an access denied (see attached).

Thinking it was the result of some firmware update I entered serial # as prompted, re-entered questions and then clicked Login to login. No luck. It repeated the same problem. I then reset the router and, again, no luck same problem.

How do I overcome this nuisance? I did nothing to cause the problem and continue to suspect whatever latest firmware was updated as the culprit.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
haikuman
Aspirant

Re: R7800 Console access denied

@duckware You hit the nail on the head --- thank you! FF works fine. I am on Chrome 77, but hesitate to use Google Canary for a variety of reasons. I guess I'll just have to report this to Google on Chrome 77 and hold my breath they will fix it.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
haikuman
Aspirant

I also notice that when I click Cancel in the attached screenshot, it refreshes the screen as if I was trying to access again. Isn't the point of cancel to go somewhere else? I am now more suspicious than before that some firmware update has mucked my ability to login in to console.

I am hopeful that someone in Netgear or an advanced Netgear user can help me through what is now becoming a terrible problem!

Message 2 of 4
duckware
Prodigy

Using Chrome 77?  Try another web browser or try Chrome Canary.

Not sure if the bug is Netgear or Chrome -- but something is preventing username/password popup from being displayed properly.

Message 3 of 4
haikuman
Aspirant

@duckware You hit the nail on the head --- thank you! FF works fine. I am on Chrome 77, but hesitate to use Google Canary for a variety of reasons. I guess I'll just have to report this to Google on Chrome 77 and hold my breath they will fix it.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7