Highlighted
Aspirant

R7800 DLNA function very unstable

Can't get my DLNA server to work properly

It is discoverable, but when I try to browse the catalog it just crashes and stops working.If I wait a long time the server will be discoverable again, but the same thing happens.

Also the BT download function is not working at all, just stuck at download pending.

Tried two different heads and both of the USB 3.0 ports, same results.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted

Re: R7800 DLNA function very unstable

@petterpan wrote:

Tried two different heads ....

What's that?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Aspirant

It's my phone autocorrection setting, should say HDD. Not head
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Master

If you're on the .68 firmware you should downgrade to .62 as there's are known issues with the former.

That said, routers are not meant to be media servers. Use the right tool for the job which is a NAS system

Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.80SF
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400 - Cruncher: Intel Core i5-7400
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted

@microchip8 wrote:

If you're on the .68 firmware you should downgrade to .62 as there's are known issues with the former.

Works fine here.

@microchip8 wrote:

That said, routers are not meant to be media servers. Use the right tool for the job which is a NAS system

To the extent that Netgear is removing DLNA from some devices with new firmware, so that it can sell us paid-for gewgaws, like Armor and Circle.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Prodigy

Totally agree with getting a tool to do the job, in this case a NAS. 

IMHO router NAS support is at best only for things you do not really care about as sooner or later something bad will happen. At least that was my experience before I got smart and bought a QNAP NAS. Others out there that are just as good. Watch videos or whole movies without issue. Backup files or folders from PC's. Time Machine for my MAC works flawlessly as well and have made use of it for a restore so yes it works. 

Modem CM2050V
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Aspirant

@microchip8 wrote:

Downgraded to.62 worked, and now I can access my media files..Hope they will fix it, it looks really bad that such a normal key function is not working..DLNA is not doing any encoding or CPU intensive work I believe, so even way less powerful routers have that feature.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements