R7800 Dropping wired Ethernet connections about every 24 hours

mpben
Aspirant

R7800 Dropping wired Ethernet connections about every 24 hours

My r7800 router drops wired Ethernet connections every 24-30 hours. Restarting the router is a temporary fix but obviously not a solution. I believe it’s a firmware problem.
Current firmware version 1.0.2.52
I’ve reset router and cycled power which did fix the issue.
This only affects wired connections. WiFi connections stay connected.
Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
Lukr1s
Aspirant

Re: R7800 Dropping wired Ethernet connections about every 24 hours

I have exactly the same issue. They sent me a new router, but the problem persists. 

Message 2 of 10
mpben
Aspirant

How did you get the new router? I can’t find where to submit a proper ticket without paying for support?
I did a full system reset and applied a saved configuration back onto it. The firmware stayed the same, so I’m still at the most current firmware version. It’s been 2 days without issue, but I need to monitor for at least a week. The wired Ethernet connections were failing every day or two prior to this. It all started around the time I updated to most recent firmwarw.
Message 3 of 10
Lukr1s
Aspirant

yes I do and it is configured for instant on. Is this the problem? Should I switch to not instant on?

Message 4 of 10
Lukr1s
Aspirant

I completed the RMA on the phone because I didn't find a place online either. 

Message 5 of 10
Lukr1s
Aspirant

I'll disable and report back. Shouldn't take long as it usually dropped me daily. Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 10
mpben
Aspirant

Update: I disabled Xbox instant-on and the issue of dropping connected Ethernet connections to Nighthawk router happened again when I powered on Xbox. This continues to be a problem for me. All hard-wired connections to router go dark. Wireless continues to work.

Please help Netgear! This is not good.
Message 7 of 10
Lukr1s
Aspirant

It's been a week now and after turning off Instan-on on the Xbox, I have not had the problem anymore. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Message 8 of 10
Rezmend
Aspirant

Same issue here with an Xbox on the network (Instant turn on). Can you please reply Netgear?

Thanks in advance!

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 9 of 10
myersw
Master

@mpben wrote:
How did you get the new router? I can’t find where to submit a proper ticket without paying for support?
I did a full system reset and applied a saved configuration back onto it. The firmware stayed the same, so I’m still at the most current firmware version. It’s been 2 days without issue, but I need to monitor for at least a week. The wired Ethernet connections were failing every day or two prior to this. It all started around the time I updated to most recent firmwarw.

If you do a reset and then restore the configuration from  a backup file you have just put the router right back in the same configuration and condition is was in. That is the reason you see folks say to do a reset and then a new configuration otherwise a waste of time. IMHO. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements