Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7800 Firmware since V1.02.60

Kayo47
Aspirant

R7800 Firmware since V1.02.60

Due to some of the issues with the most recent BIOS update are there any plans for an update or are these routers considered EOL?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
myersw
Master

Definitly not end of life. Very viable router and only Netgear router I would recommend. Has good reviews on sites and worked well for me. Only issue was I needed more coverage and house is wet plaster over metal lath which means two layers if going through wall. 

For whatever reason, Netgear is putting out CRAP firmware right now. If you know a version that works for you would suggest you go back to it via manual update. 

Use and enjoy. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
myersw
Master

Definitly not end of life. Very viable router and only Netgear router I would recommend. Has good reviews on sites and worked well for me. Only issue was I needed more coverage and house is wet plaster over metal lath which means two layers if going through wall. 

For whatever reason, Netgear is putting out CRAP firmware right now. If you know a version that works for you would suggest you go back to it via manual update. 

Use and enjoy. 

Message 2 of 6
microchip8
Master

Care to explain which issues you experience with the .60 firmware? Is it the wifi ping lags or something else? if the former, the only remedy is to use .52 or install the Voxel firmware

Message 3 of 6
myersw
Master

@microchip8 wrote:

Care to explain which issues you experience with the .60 firmware? Is it the wifi ping lags or something else? if the former, the only remedy is to use .52 or install the Voxel firmware

From experience I would vote for Voxel firmware. He fixes/corrects things before Netgear.

Message 4 of 6
sanitarium16
Tutor

The new firmware .62 has the same issue even though the change log says it increases stability of 5g. Looks like we are stuck with .52
Message 5 of 6
microchip8
Master

try forgetting the network on your wifi devices... if that doesn't help, factory reset might... or might not. Otherwise, stay at .52

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7