Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7800 LAN appears to be disabled

JOEQ2120
Follower

R7800 LAN appears to be disabled

hello, while watching a movie today my internet went out. after investigating the issue it appears as if my lan ports have been disabled. I have done a loopback test on the 4 lan ports. they appear to be ok while doing that. however, when I log into the setting gui the LAN port is blue, without an ip address set to it. the wifi on the router is working fine, really slow compared what I am used to. I have tow computers hardwired to the router when I ipconfig I am getting a 169.xxx.x.x ip address. this telles me that the router and the computers are not talking to eachother.  I have been trying to fix this issue for the past 6 hours, I have done a device reset, several reboots, I went back to a previous firmware. I have looked through 1/2 a dozen forums. I have adjusted settings on my xbox. nothing is working I have had the router for 3 years. it is apparently out of warranty, I can not find the registration documentation (I register all of my devices as soon as I bring them home).  I am lost for a solution. this appears to be a common issue with the router and I have yet to find any forum in which this issue has been resolved. I am to the point of bying a new router and never purchasing a netgear product again, because of the difficulty I am having trying to resolve this issue. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am not a fan of using wifi for anything other then phones or tablets. 

Thanks in advance. 

joe

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7