Discussion stats
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: R7800 Latest Firmware Issue - DO NOT UPDATE TO V1.0.2.62

You would be lucky getting 400 on 5 GHz so that does not surprise me in the least.  What is the device you are testing this with?  I assume it's using protocol G and not AC.

...also, that ISP has offered several different Arris modems, which model do you have?

Message 126 of 138
Highlighted
Aspirant

You got me there how do I check which protocol I'm using ?

I always or almost get 400 on 5G.
The issues is 2.4 always had been similar to 5G speed little less but not so freaking slow.

The Arris model is TM1602A
Message 127 of 138
Highlighted
Aspirant

Which device are you testing with?  We can find out which protocol that way.

Oh no, the TM1602A uses the dreaded Puma 6 chipset.  I wonder if you could swap it for one of the new DOCSIS 3.1 modems they've been handing out.  Google Puma 6 problems sometime. 

That doesn't address your current question, but it does answer the other guy's question.  Are you wondering if you can get the same speed results via test on 2.4 GHz compared to 5?  You already know that's a 'no' so I guess we need to find out what device you are using to test with to see which protocol you are on.

Message 128 of 138
Highlighted
Aspirant

I using my pixel 3xl and my laptop windows 10. Also an iPhone 11
Right now I have the pixel and laptop

I know 2.4 and 5 won't be the same but believe me with spectrum's router the 2.4 was almost 300 but 80 is just wrong.
Message 129 of 138
Highlighted
Aspirant

Well we don't know which laptop you have, but the other two devices can do 5 GHz AC protocol, which you should be using.

Do you have beamforming or mu-mimo turned on?  Do you have 'up to 800 Mbps' selected?  Do you have 'Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence' turned off?  Do you have Dynamic QoS turned off?  Do you have guest network turned off?  Do you have Smart Connect turned off?  Under Advanced / Setup / QoS setup / WMM do you have both of those enabled?  etc

Message 130 of 138
Highlighted
Aspirant

Everything you asked is as you are saying either turned off when you said to should be and on when it should be. So why this is happening even spectrum told that issue of the router not then since wired and 5G work fine
Message 131 of 138
Highlighted
Aspirant

Yeah make sure 'Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence' is turned off for sure.  That's likely what is the problem unless you have lots of interference there.

Message 132 of 138
Highlighted
Aspirant

What I mean the coexistence feature is off as you mention I actually turn it off since I got the router
Message 133 of 138
Highlighted
Aspirant

You can use wifi analyzer on one of your phones to see how congested the channels are

Message 134 of 138
Highlighted
Aspirant

Total of 6 houses including me will that be considered as really congested
Message 135 of 138
Highlighted

@Imamexican wrote:
Total of 6 houses including me will that be considered as really congested

If you forgot to put the "?" at that, then the answer could be "yes".

@JayboH suggested using a wifi analyser. I see nothing to suggest that you followed that sound advice. Even using a mobile phone to look for local wifi sources can tell you more than sticking your head out of the window and counting neighbours.

If you really want to fix this, do yourself a favour and start a fresh discussion.Then maybe the Netgear team will also see what you are saying.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 136 of 138
Aspirant

I do use it .. that's why I say 6 houses

I guess I will
Message 137 of 138
Highlighted
Aspirant

I do use it .. that's why I said 6 houses

I guess I will
Message 138 of 138