Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7800 Network files changed size and stopped loading after firmware update

shazzmoe
Follower

R7800 Network files changed size and stopped loading after firmware update

I have a USB HDD attached to my router which has been where I've been storing all my media for the past year. It's been working fine. Recently I noticed that some of the files are no longer opening. If I try to drag them off of the network drive to my local pc I get the error message 

Error 0x80070540: No more memory is available for security information updates.

Additionally those files that give me that error message are the incorrect size. Such as an 8GB file showing as 11MB

When I disconnect the HDD and physically attach it to my local computer, all the files show correct size and work properly. 

Most of the files still work fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

I updated the firmware sometime in the past week to V1.0.2.36

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
rbird2
Luminary

Re: R7800 Network files changed size and stopped loading after firmware update

This is a bug in the 1.0.2.36 firmware. You can revert back to the 1.0.2.32 firmware until Netgear fixes the bug.

For more information see my post:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7800-firmware-update-1-0-2-36-broke-Network...

If enough of us complain, maybe Netgear will take this bug seriously and fix it ASAP!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi shazzmoe,

Try to reset the router to factory default and reconfigure. Report back if still the same.

Message 2 of 3
rbird2
Luminary

This is a bug in the 1.0.2.36 firmware. You can revert back to the 1.0.2.32 firmware until Netgear fixes the bug.

For more information see my post:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7800-firmware-update-1-0-2-36-broke-Network...

If enough of us complain, maybe Netgear will take this bug seriously and fix it ASAP!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7