Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7800 NighHawk X4S - 5Ghz Drama

omoeller
Guide

R7800 NighHawk X4S - 5Ghz Drama

Looks like my 5 Ghz band got screwed after of hassle free weeks. I tried to reset, tried different FW versions and was not successful getting 5Ghz back to work. I finally ended up going down to FW .52 whcih now seems to work. I there any major risk staying on this version before Netgear gets next FW fixed or should I send back and replace this router. I never had such touble with my good old R7000 which I unfortunately sold ...

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

I use .62 firmware but don't use the 5 GHz band much so no problems here. But there are users reporting it still has issues on .62. These issues are also present on .58 and .60 firmware. Your best bet is to stay on .52 and wait for a future update that hopfeully fixes it once and for all

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Several people have been reporting problems with 5ghz on the newest firmware. If you don't have any other issues with the downgraded firmware, I'd wait for a newer version to come out. You could put in a ticket to netgear support to see if there is any beta firmware available to try.

Message 2 of 6

@omoeller 

Search for user microchip8  (check his sig).  Whatever FW he is running on his R7800 is likely a safe bet.

Message 3 of 6
microchip8
Master

I use .62 firmware but don't use the 5 GHz band much so no problems here. But there are users reporting it still has issues on .62. These issues are also present on .58 and .60 firmware. Your best bet is to stay on .52 and wait for a future update that hopfeully fixes it once and for all

Message 4 of 6
omoeller
Guide

Thanks folks - will stick on .52 for now, BTW faced the same issues with Voxels versions as well - just as FYI

Message 5 of 6
microchip8
Master

might be hardware related. i don't know. But since it works on .52, there's something going on but I can't say what exactly

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7