Re: R7800 - Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Extremely slow downloads and upload speeds

King_of_Fuzz
Aspirant

R7800 - Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Extremely slow downloads and upload speeds

Bought my new R7800 - Nighthawk X4S AC2600 router a few months ago and it had been working great for me. However recently my download and upload speeds have absolutely crashed. I should be getting at max 250 down and 150 up. I can barely get 10 down and 1 up. I've been trying to troubleshoot for a fix but have gotten nowhere with netgear phone support and buying phone support package is not an option for me. I know the problem is the router and not my ISP as I switched out the router for my older one and got acceptable speeds. Anything online has become impossible, streaming, gaming etc...  I've updated to the latest firmware and have reset/rebooted the router multiple times to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi King_of_Fuzz,

Try to update the firmware of the router.

https://kb.netgear.com/000052283/R7800-Firmware-Version-1-0-2-38

If still the same, reset and reconfigure.

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi King_of_Fuzz,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 4
King_of_Fuzz
Aspirant

No none of this has worked, I'm pretty sure my router is defective as I have troubleshooter everything I can. I'm under warranty currently but apparently I can't reecieve any help without buying the ludicrously priced phone support package. Not what I expected buying a $230 router.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E