Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7800 Streamboost updates are from March

Killhippie
Prodigy

R7800 Streamboost updates are from March

I have just noticed the R7800 Streamboost updates are from the 2nd March 2016, thats just shy of 5 months old. I thought these updates are meant to be at the least updated quaterly, and are to go on for two years after the router reaches end of life (Qualcomm terms) Considering the R7800 is a current model why no updates? This isnt great and has happened before, Netgear dont seem able to keep thier routers QoS up to date at all.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Killhippie
Prodigy

Re: R7800 Streamboost updates are from March

Its been updated to June now so all is partially well, its just that Netgears implementation of it is so very buggy.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Killhippie,

Are you referring to the last firmware update of the router?

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Killhippie
Prodigy

No Im saying the QoS Streamboost update is 5 months old, I'm pretty sure Qualcomm kick them out faster than that, so wondering why netgear have not updated it, I tought they were at least quaterly.

Message 3 of 5
Killhippie
Prodigy

Its been updated to June now so all is partially well, its just that Netgears implementation of it is so very buggy.
Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi Killhippie,

Thank you for the feedback. 

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7