Re: R7800 VLAN Support - When can we expect it?

usulsuspct
Aspirant

R7800 VLAN Support - When can we expect it?

Any idea when we can expect VLAN support on the R7800?  I have read the "coming soon", "next update" posts out there - but still crickets.

Appears like R7800 owners are caught between models that support VLANs.  Granted I should have been more thorough before purchasing, so I will continue to wait.

Thanks!

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi usulsuspct,

I have replied to your other post.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7800-and-the-Missing-IPTV-VLAN-feature/m-p/...

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
usulsuspct
Aspirant

Thanks James - I created a second post as I didnt want to hijack that posters thread.  I was trying to shed some light on why he wasnt seeing the IPTV/VLAN feature on his router (it doesnt exist.)

Looking at the KB article that outlines VLAN setup:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29911/~/configuring-vlan-iptv-setup-on-your-nighthawk-...

It indicates that the article only applies to the following models:

This article applies to:
WiFi Routers(5)
R7000
R7900
R8000
R8300
R8500

Whats missing from this list?  I will give you a clue - the R7800 Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 5
Mietek154
Guide

This VLAN support in R7800 is a joke.

@JamesGL

Why Netgear won't accept that VLAN support in R7800 is broken? We have many posts about connection issues between LAN and Wireless client if VLAN is enabled and still no solution. This is serious bug in your router. 

Message 4 of 5
Kezzerxir
Aspirant

Netgear please fix the vlan and DDNS issues on the R7800. I have Google Fiber and to be able to use my own router I use the vlan tagging and I use the DDNS to connect to network remotely.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E