Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7800 WiFi

Kcool
Aspirant

R7800 WiFi

The Genie web browser shows everything is connected, but the Genie app shows that my wireless connection is not enabled.  The app is wrong because my wireless devices are working fine.  What do I need to do to get the app to show the correct status of my network?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi Kcool,

It is normal if the Genie app is opened in a wired computer. If you open it in a wireless computer, it will have a status that it is enabled as it detects a wireless card on your computer. 

In a laptop:

Desktop with no wireless card:

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

I think it's a Genie thing...  I have the same issue if I use Genie, but if I log into the router using a browser it shows all wireless connection information correctly.

Wish I had an answer for you on how to fix it; but I don't.  Just wanted you to know that you are not the only one experiencing this.

Message 2 of 7
VE6CGX
Master

As far as I am concerned I never bothered with Genie. In that case I just run ipscan to see

what is connected with which ip address.

Message 3 of 7
Kcool
Aspirant

Thanks TC, it does make me feel slightly better to know I'm not the only one!  I like the browser just fine, but also like the ability to view connection status when offline. 

I should mention the genie app on android works perfectly. The issue is with windows on a somewhat old desktop. 

Message 4 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Kcool,

It is normal if the Genie app is opened in a wired computer. If you open it in a wireless computer, it will have a status that it is enabled as it detects a wireless card on your computer. 

In a laptop:

Desktop with no wireless card:

Message 5 of 7
Kcool
Aspirant

That makes perfect sense, thanks for the help James!

Message 6 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Kcool,

You are welcome. I am glad I was able to provide you an answer.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7