Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7800 X4S, how to correctly set up QoS?

Jumper20
Aspirant

R7800 X4S, how to correctly set up QoS?

Hello,

I'am having trouble setting up QoS as ping spikes are still an occurance on my main computer. As for my connection background it is wisp -> poe injector -> R7800. Smart TV and my personal computer are connected via cable and phones are usually on wi-fi. In total it is usually 5 devices. Connection speed 15 down/7 up, during peak hours it is 13 down/6 up. I'am trying to achieve stable ping for online games however even when I enable Dynamic QoS, run automatic speed test and set all devices to low priority, while my computer to highest ping spikes are still not eliminated. Router is on latest firmware. Please, provide some guidance on how, if possible I could find the compromise
Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

.62 firmware still has issues for some. You may need to downgrade to .52 and wait until NETGEAR fully fixes it

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

Greetings,

What FW version are you using?  Some of the recent FW versions for the R7800 had issues with ping spikes. 

Second.  If you want to game and stream TV, subscribe to higher bandwidth and forego QoS all together.  Its nothing but trouble.

Message 2 of 5
Jumper20
Aspirant

Firmware 1.0.2.62

If bigger speeds would be an option, we would choose that. In our current location only wisp's can supply the connection with the maximum plan being down 25 mb/s but the price is not worth it. The quality of provided service for reference lets say ping to google.com is 11ms and games to closest server have 5-10ms ping. The problem is ping spikes
Message 3 of 5
microchip8
Master

.62 firmware still has issues for some. You may need to downgrade to .52 and wait until NETGEAR fully fixes it

Message 4 of 5
Jumper20
Aspirant

I really hope so
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7