Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7800 assigned duplicate ip address

eghanson
Aspirant

R7800 assigned duplicate ip address

Today I had a static IP address assigned to an Ethernet connected computer also assigned to a WiFi connected TV by the R7800 with the latest update. This assignment caused a DNS error on the computer because the IP address assigned on the computer due to the duplication was not a valid IP address for my network. I fixed the issue by disconnecting the tv power and then restarted the tv and staticly assigned the new IP address to the tv on the router. The router should never assign a static IP address to another device than the device assigned to the static IP address. I have never had this happen before. Restarting they router did not fix the problem. 

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 7
eghanson
Aspirant

Re: R7800 assigned duplicate ip address

I should have said that I Reserved the IP address on the router to assign to the device and not that I staticly assigned the IP address on the device. So the router should have used the Reserved IP address that I Added on the router and not used that IP address to assign to another device. All devices are using DHCP. 

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

After you do the IP address reservation ON the router for your devices, are you rebooting the router and your devices? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Message 3 of 7
eghanson
Aspirant

V1.0.2.84

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 5 of 7
SUCKYPRODUCTS
Aspirant

NETGEAR PRODUCTS AND SUPPORT ALL SUCK.  NEVER EVER WILL BUY AGAIN

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Bye then. 

Message 7 of 7