towerone
Aspirant

R7800 continual disconnects

Hey all, new X4S AC2600 - installed fine but keeps disconnecting from the Internet. I have standard Wifi and 5G enabled. When it disconnects, if I change from one wifi to the other, it reconnects. So for example if I am connected using standard wifi and connection drops, I switch laptop to 5G and hey presto, it works again. Have the latest firmware installed, have reset to factory and entered config manually. Have tried auto channel and also selecting channels. If I work from ethernet cable only, with wifi off, it still disconnects.

I have seen tons of posts relating to a similar issue, but none of them appear to offer a solution from Netgear. 

I am using MacBook.

As it stands, this router is completely unusable! Any solution please?

cheers

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5
towerone
Aspirant

Re: R7800 continual disconnects

Can anyone help please?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 2 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi towerone,

1. Do you have other wireless devices that you can use to check if the same issue?

2. Does MacBook works fine on a different network?

Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi towerone,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 4 of 5
towerone
Aspirant

Hi james, sorry for the delay in responding.

1. Do you have other wireless devices that you can use to check if the same issue? Not at home.

2. Does MacBook works fine on a different network? Yes.

I tried switching off all other devices and just linking my MacBook direct to the R7800 but stll the same.

Anyway, I solved the problem but its not ideal. I installed a wireless extender. If I link all devices to the extender, which in turn links to the R7800, then it works absolutely fine.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements