R7800 don't have option to enable QoS upstream

mrrickster
Follower

R7800 don't have option to enable QoS upstream

When I go onto netgear genie and do advanced then QoS setup there is no tab that has QoS upstream or QoS downstream. How do I enable the tabs to apear?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Re: R7800 don't have option to enable QoS upstream

Hi mrrickster,

R7800 uses the Dynamic QoS setup. You may check the articles below for the Dynamic QoS.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25617/~/how-does-dynamic-qos-help-improve-my-nighthawk...

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25598/~/how-do-i-configure-the-dynamic-qos-feature-on-...

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi mrrickster,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 3 of 9
omnicron
Aspirant

Hi James,

Thank you for the information, I also had the same question as the OP. Sadly for me, if Dynamic QoS is all this router has to offer then I paid a lot of money for nothing =-(. My sad 20MPBs connection always yields to either Netflix, Amazon Video or any other streaming app/site and not even setting all devices to the lowest priority helps and gaming is yittery as if I was using a cheaper lower quality router. I'm hoping there is some sort of configuration I haven't figured out which would help with this, but for now if someone is streaming video that means I can't play any online games (in an enjoble manner anyhow).

Message 4 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi omnicron,

Check step 7 on the KB article. You can change the priority of the device.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 5 of 9
omnicron
Aspirant

Hi James,

Thanks again but I've tried setting priorities to lowest on streaming devices and highest to my PC and I never see any difference. Maybe I just need a faster connection but as it stands having this router has made no difference for me at 20MBPs speed. Your assistance is greatly appreciated though, have a wonderful holiday season Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
shahril8488
Tutor

Hi JamesGL,

I have followed the instruction specifically but still there is no Upstream QoS and Downstream Qos tabbed appear. I am on v1.0.2.28. What is happening exactly or does the unit broken?

Message 7 of 9
schumaku
Guru

These routers only support the Dynamic QoS feature - no manual controls for adding/removing services.

The priority can be set per attached device only.
Message 8 of 9
shahril8488
Tutor

oh good Lord.

why isn't NETGEAR TELL UPFRONT that this model is lousy that customer must pay A LOT to just getting an auto QoS?

how do I get a return and refund?
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements