Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7800 firmware v1.0.2.80 Get error when trying to update to latest performance optimization database

Mr_DJ
Apprentice

R7800 firmware v1.0.2.80 Get error when trying to update to latest performance optimization database

Hello Netgear and everybody else reading this thread!  😉

I had just(today) reset my Nighthawk R7800 router and was notified about this latest firmware release during the automatic setup process. So just updated my router and went through all the settings again. During this process, I also wanted to make sure the router used latest performance optimizations, but when I manually told it to check for latest release, I was instead met by a error message. This clearly is a bug.

But since Netgear does not seem to grant me acces to file a bug report to their support department, I figured I would just mention it on the forums instead.....and cross my fingers for an employee sees it!  😉

I have attached a screenshot, that shows the error meassge from inside the R7800 GUI menu!

I have not noticed any other erros so far(but also only had the new firmware installed for an hour, so that might not say much) and don't know what the v1.0.2.80 firmware is supposed to fix....beyond it should be security related, going by the very short firmware release notes! 

Cheers! 

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: R7800 firmware v1.0.2.80 Get error when trying to update to latest performance optimization data

This release is not yet available on the support pages for the R7800, only through the Firmware Update Assistant.

I'll wait for the download before I chance it.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7