Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7800 looses looses Static IP setup

DickCB
Follower

R7800 looses looses Static IP setup

My two year old R7800 randomly loses my ISP’s static IP address setup.  I have had up times of as much as 2 weeks, but lately it is likely a couple of hours.  I have reset the R7800 and manually entered the setup repeatedly.  The WI-FI setup and rest of the router setup is still in memory OK.  Just he static setup is gone, which means a trip to my remote location.  Any help appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
microchip8
Master

Re: R7800 looses looses Static IP setup

You might wanna try Voxel's firmware. It's stock firmware with bug fixes and improvements. Later NETGEAR firmware versions have made this router unreliable.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@DickCB wrote:

My two year old R7800 randomly loses my ISP’s static IP address setup.  I have had up times of as much as 2 weeks, but lately it is likely a couple of hours.  I have reset the R7800 and manually entered the setup repeatedly.  The WI-FI setup and rest of the router setup is still in memory OK.  Just he static setup is gone, which means a trip to my remote location.  Any help appreciated.

Message 3 of 4
Kitsap
Master

I too would recommend the Voxel firmware.  I have been using it for several years with outstanding results.  If you do not like it, it is easy to go back to Netgear stock firmware.

Here is the start point: http://www.voxel-firmware.com/Downloads/Voxel/html/index.html .

Recommend you take a minute to review the Read Me file. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7