Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7800 replacement antennas

skumad
Aspirant

R7800 replacement antennas

Hello, So I found a R7800 router in good condition at a great price, but the antennas were missing. I had been keeping my eye on Ebay for some antennas, but couldn't find any genuine ones. Would Asus RT-AC88U (8dIB) RP-SMA antenna fit this router? Also is it harmful to the router if I use it without antennas for now? Thanks in advance ✌️
Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: R7800 replacement antennas

If they're simply screw off rp-sma antenna's (not sure as I don't have that router to compare to) you can use 3rd party antenna's for it. There's a bunch on amazon. 

You can use it without the antenna's and it won't hurt the router but you also won't get your performance out of it and your device's connection might not be very stable. 

Message 2 of 4
skumad
Aspirant

Awesome.. yeah they are detachable rp-sma. Do you have any idea about the gain level of the original antennas? Would aftermarket 9dbi anetnnas work with this? I can't seem to find any specs about the original antennas online
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

they should work fine with it. Most people don't see a whole lot of difference if they do use more sensitive antenna's but some claim they do.

I've used replacement antenna's before without any issues (kids think they're great toys). 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7