R7800 won't connect to internet after firmware upgrade.

Jdc0313
Aspirant

R7800 won't connect to internet after firmware upgrade.

I flashed my R7800 to the latest firmware (1.0.2.60) lastnight. After it rebooted, I'm no longer able to connect to the internet.
I re-flashed the router, I reset the router, I powered cycle both my modem and router.
Modem works fine without router connected. Reseated cable between modem and router, disconnected all other cables. Internet light on router is orange but green on modem. No isp info is being pulled from the router.
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: R7800 won't connect to internet after firmware upgrade.

In case of a factors reset - what requires to reconfigure the router, and in case the Internet connection if it's using authentication - does not help, you might consider to manually download a previous version, like .58 - head to Netgear Support R7800 Downloads, scroll down to the end of the Firmware and Software Downloads, and select "+ View Previous Versions".

Message 2 of 5
Jdc0313
Aspirant

I thought of that but was unable to find a previous version at the time.
On my way to work (on the bus :)), I was to find and download the previous version. I will try it when I get back home.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Message 3 of 5
01R_
Guide

i highly recommend you use  1.0.2.38 thats what im using its the only firmware that works ok

Message 4 of 5
James721
Luminary

Don't bother with stock firmware at least right now. .58 and .60 are borked and cause disconnection issues and high latency. Unfortunatley rolling back is not much of a option as well due to security issues. Read link. https://kb.netgear.com/000060225/Security-Advisory-for-Post-Authentication-Stack-Overflow-on-Some-Ro...

The only option i can find at this point is Voxel's .61SF firmware. I suggest you try that before downgrading and having security problems. Gees Netgear please get it together NOW. 

Asus RT-AX58U. Merlin. 386.2
(AT&T Fiber, Gigabit)
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E