Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7900 Firmware Version 1.0.1.8

Atombrew
Initiate

R7900 Firmware Version 1.0.1.8

I tried to upload this firmware release as suggested.

Downloaded the link for the zip file.

I logged in.  I went to Admin Tab, then Router Update (there was no "firmware Upgrade"), then I browsed for the zip file.  I then clicked on "upload" and I get this window statement:

This site says:  Please assign the correct file.  The file format is #.chk.

So what gives with that?

I am not tech savy, and so you need to be clear about these downloads.

I read the other instructions about Manual Download and I think my computer person setup my router w/an ethernet cord, but the instructions for manual download does mention the *.chk file, but I didn't unzip the file.

Please help!

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
LeeH
Prodigy

You just need to unzip the file you downloaded.  The .chk file is in there and will be placed on your computer when the original file is unzipped.  If you are on a windows computer you can probably right click on the zip file ansd select unzip.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
LeeH
Prodigy

You just need to unzip the file you downloaded.  The .chk file is in there and will be placed on your computer when the original file is unzipped.  If you are on a windows computer you can probably right click on the zip file ansd select unzip.

Message 2 of 4
LeeH
Prodigy

Oh yeah by the way.  Make sure you connect your computer up to the router using a ethernet cable and not using wireless when doing the upgrade.  Also make sure you reset the router by pressing the recessed reset button on the back of the router until the power light turns orange and starts flashing, after you install the new firmware and let the router boot up to all white lights before doing a reset.  People have problems after a firmware upgrade if they do not do a reset.

Message 3 of 4
Atombrew
Initiate

Thanks, that worked.  Extracting the .chk file was the trick.  Firmware updated successfully.

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7