R7900 - Nighthawk X6 firmware update, not booting, whiter LED is bilking

sundaram123
Aspirant

R7900 - Nighthawk X6 firmware update, not booting, whiter LED is bilking

Hi,

I have updated my route (R7900 - Nighthawk X6—AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Gigabit Router) firmware based on web interface recommendation. after firmware 1.0.1.12 update router LED is bilking in white color. not coming up.

Based on the support manual this is corrupted firmware symptom.

From My laptop I connected with router using Ethernet cable. I was able to ping the router with 192.168.1.1 IP.

Poweroff the route and powered on,  while booting using tftp2 program trying to upload the firmware. but its getting 'Unable to get response from the server' message.

Any help to fix this issue.

Thanks

Sundaram. R

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Re: R7900 - Nighthawk X6 firmware update, not booting, whiter LED is bilking

Hi sundaram123,

Have you followed the steps given on the link below?

https://kb.netgear.com/19841/Reinstall-the-firmware-on-a-router-without-the-setup-CD-recovery-tool

Message 2 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi sundaram123,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 9
sundaram123
Aspirant

Hi James,

I tried this steps mulitple times, as per steps 10 . LED is not going greeen.  but R7900 power light not blinks amber. LED goes back to white color bilking. unable to upload the firmware not going thru.

Thanks

SR

Message 4 of 9
VE6CGX
Master

When you ping the router did you see TTL=100ms? The tftp most likely will work. You have small window of time to load the f/w.

One way of doing it is open up two command windows. In one window issue a ping command with / t 1000 for example. It will keep

pinging 1000 times. On second window type in tftp command ready to go by hitting return key. Watch the pinging window, at the precise moment you see TTL=100ms, execute tftp command on the second window.

Message 5 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi sundaram123,

If that is the case, I would suggest to contact support team and check for the warranty of the device. If it is within the warranty, you can ask for replacement.

Message 6 of 9
sundaram123
Aspirant

James,

No packet loss for the tftp2 upload. its giving me the upgrade flash screen, but its fails afer that. based on my debug  router is not requsting tftp image.

what is the right way to enable tftp request during the boot for R7900 router?

this device is out of support. I can open the case with support.

Thanks for the help.

c1.PNG

c2.PNG

c3.PNG

Message 7 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi sundaram123,

I would suggest to contact support team for possible replacement. Check with them your hardware warranty.

Message 8 of 9
ojn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would suggest using tftp instead of tftp2 UI. You can go to "Windows Features and add TFTP Client then execute the following at the command prompt, when the power light is blinking white on your R7900.

tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put <your_downloaded_firmware_file>

HTH. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E