Re: R7900 loose ac/dc connector on router, will not stay plugged in.

carayla
Aspirant

R7900 loose ac/dc connector on router, will not stay plugged in.

i have a brand new Nighthawk x6 AC3000(R7900) router.  The power connector does not fit snug into the router.  If you touch the cable or move the router the router is disconnected and has to reboot.  Can someone tell me what the connector on the back of the router should look like?  How many wires should i see?  i have 3 old routers and none have a connector that looks like this one...

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
William10a
Master

@carayla wrote:

i have a brand new Nighthawk x6 AC3000(R7900) router.  The power connector does not fit snug into the router.  If you touch the cable or move the router the router is disconnected and has to reboot.  Can someone tell me what the connector on the back of the router should look like?  How many wires should i see?  i have 3 old routers and none have a connector that looks like this one...

If a new router that you just unboxed and set up I would call netgear tech support or exchange at the store you got it for a new one. The power plug should be firm fitting and not lose connection if jared. I seen people use tape to solve a power plug problem which is a answer that I do not like to use.

Message 2 of 4
carayla
Aspirant

i wondered if anyone else had this problem with their router.... I will take a picture of the connector on the router before i return it.  It seems it will cost more time 3-5 days and $16.90 for shipping and a return label for the defective router.  First i have to get approval from customer service to get a replacement.   This whole process will probably take 10 days easy.  From the seller i can have a new one Friday with a free return label.

Message 3 of 4
William10a
Master

Now I see why people use the store opion.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E