Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7900P can login via URL but not via app

SiouxOrch
Aspirant

R7900P can login via URL but not via app

Tried the app on an iPad and 2 iPhones.  Neither work.  Enter username/password but it just comes back to the same screen with the same username/password I entered.  Eventually says timed out.  I can login via web interface so we know the username/password is correct.  Firmware V1.4.1.68_1.3.28. 

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
SiouxOrch
Aspirant

Re: R7900P can login via URL but not via app

Also, I tried connecting with anywhere access and it says it's offline.  Also tried new setup, but always the same with the nighthawk app.

Message 2 of 5
Kitsap
Master

You should take this as a really big hint to ditch the application, it is of dubious value.  Would not hurt to competely uninstall it.

Anything you need to do to configure the router is best done from a PC connected to the router with an ethernet cable.

Message 3 of 5
M3DM
Guide

After several router firmware and phone app releases (updates), accessing the Nighthawk R7900P router remotely via the phone app (iPhone) is no longer possible.

Details: R7900P|Nighthawk running Firmware Version V1.4.1.68_1.3.28. A screenshot of the error message has been uploaded with this report. The router has been rebooted multiple times and the phone app has been reinstalled multiple times as well. The only fix is to roll-back the router Firmware Version V1.4.1.64_1.3.25. This was last known working version.

Message 4 of 5
M3DM
Guide

This is the screenshot has been uploaded in PDF form...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7