R7960p Router will not update firmware

aktanker
Follower

R7960p Router will not update firmware

Hello,

Attempting to up date router firmware from 1.4.1.50 to 1.4.1.68_1.3.28. Each attempt has failed --rebooted modem and router. Attempting update via iphone Nighthawk app. After several attempts to update now app will not let me log out. any advice very much appreciated. Thanks

John

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
ssehg
Aspirant

Re: R7960p Router will not update firmware

I'm having the same issue and get error "

Unable to download GUI language file from Netgear server

Were you able to figure it out? I have tried downloading the .chk file and manually updating the router and get the same error.

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
DarrenM
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R7960p Router will not update firmware

Hello

We truly appreciate your patience as we work to resolve the firmware not upgrading with your R7960p/R8000P. As a valued member of the NETGEAR family, we will be escalating your reported issues to our Customer Care team to authorize a product RMA or possible upgrade. We kindly ask that you don't share your resolution on the forums as we will need to consider an appropriate resolution on a case by case basis. Our Customer Care team will be in touch with you via email shortly to initiate the upgrade process. Please Pm me back with the info below.

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred Contact: Schedule: (Include Dates, Times and Time Zone available to work with us)

S/N number:

DarrenM

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements