Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R800 connection problems.

Vandrakus
Aspirant

R800 connection problems.

I have been experiencing connectivity problems with my router since purchase but have been able to put up with small problems up until now. I have another topic that I started about why I was getting 1gig connection via my modem but not when I hook the router up and found out the latest firmware is cutting my speed down to 20-30% of what they should be. I wiped my router and changed the firmware to version 1.0.2.44 and my connection improved over 400% but now I am hit with an error anytime I attempt to connect to any webpage. Sometimes it clears up in seconds, other times it takes upwards of 30 seconds to a minute to finally connect through. I also am having server connectivity issues on a few different games since trying this where again my speeds are registering over 900mbs the game tells me my connection is too weak to connect to the server. I understand this could be from the older firmware but when I updated to the newest version, my connection drops down DRAMATICALLY. The error when connecting to a webpage is as follows. Is there a fix to this error without updating to the most recent firmware forcing me to sacrifice the connection I pay monthly for?

This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in Google.com.

• If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: R800 connection problems.

You went to a version 21 version behind. 

Why not just go back one or 2 versions?

Try updating to the 1.0.4.68 version. After the update, do a factory reset/reinstall. Make sure to leave access control, traffic monitoring, parental controls, and qos all disabled. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7