R8000 1.0.4.18 Firmware - No Wireless Shutoff by Schedule

fegarciaii
Tutor

R8000 1.0.4.18 Firmware - No Wireless Shutoff by Schedule

Updated to Firmware 1.0.4.18 when it came out and it will no longer toggle "turn off wireless signal by schedule."  I when back to 1.0.4.12 and can toggle the wireless schedule on and off.  If it's checked and schedule is turned on in firmware 1.0.4.12, and I update to .18, it'll work fine.  But, if I turn the wireless schedule off in .18, it won't let me turn it back on.  Is this something that can be fixed?  Only way to turn the wireless schedule back on is to revert back to .12, set it up, then upgrade back to .18. 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: R8000 1.0.4.18 Firmware - No Wireless Shutoff by Schedule

@fegarciaii wrote:

Updated to Firmware 1.0.4.18 when it came out and it will no longer toggle "turn off wireless signal by schedule." 

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 5
fegarciaii
Tutor

Yea, and thanks!  Tried exactly what you suggested - a factory reset with the new firmware.  Having a backup config also makes it easier to test - knowing the backup is there just in case something doesn’t work quite right so at least I don’t have to re-config everything. 

Message 3 of 5

Does it seem to have fixed the thing at the moment?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 5
fegarciaii
Tutor

Nope, did 2 full restore to factory configs this morning and didn't work.  Only thing I could do is load a previously saved configuration and then it took.  If I uncheck those boxes for "turn off wireless by schedule" they won't turn back on if checked.  Will leave it this way for now until another firmware comes out. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E