Re: R8000 Attached Devices, Cannot rename

Papa_p
Star

R8000 Attached Devices, Cannot rename

I used to be able to rename attached devices under advanced settings. After the last few firmware updates I am unable to eddit the names of attached devices I am currently running firmware V1.0.4.12_10.1.46.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5
Just62
Tutor

@Papa_p wrote:

I used to be able to rename attached devices under advanced settings. After the last few firmware updates I am unable to eddit the names of attached devices I am currently running firmware V1.0.4.12_10.1.46.

I am having the same problem.

same firmware update V1.0.4.12_10.1.46 removed the edit feature to enable renaming of attached devices.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Message 3 of 5
nytiger73
Star

If that is the one that was just released, it doesn't work.  There is no option to do it within the GUI of the router itself.  The smartphone app lets you rename the devices, but after you "save" your changes, the changes don't actually save.  Please fix this.  This is such a dumb bug. I would actually switch router manufacturers over something like this if I could afford to do so. 

Message 4 of 5
Papa_p
Star

You used to be able to rename attached devices, they removed that ability a few firmwares back. I contacted support several time but they never respond. Their technical support is **bleep**. They will not respond if it’s an issue they don’t want to work on.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements