Highlighted
Aspirant

R8000 Crashing after changing settings.

I have had x2 R8000 both do this. Returned the other one since they both did the same thing.

Latest firmware.

Settings i change after factory reset.

Turn off wifi radio 2.
Change wifi radio 0 and 1 names, passwords and channels.
Turn on open nat. turn off ddos and port scan protection and SIP alg disabled.
Set Vlan.

Internet is connected from ONT (fibre) to WAN port on R8000.

Any changes to setting after will cause router to become unaccessable from network and internet light will stay orange.
A reset is required to use it again.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 11
Highlighted

Re: R8000 Crashing after changing settings.

Start from scratch and set up the network afresh.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 11
Highlighted
Aspirant

That procedure is fine.

But after the procedure if I change a setting (like turn off a wifi radio) it goes back to a solid orange light on internet led and have to start fresh again to access router web page or even get internet back.

I am thinking it is something to do with Vlan. I only need to tag one port (wan) for vlan 10.

Message 3 of 11
Highlighted
Aspirant

I agree must be a bug. I have done it on 2 routers now and the past 3 firmwares also caused this issue.

How to report this to engineering team?

Message 4 of 11
Highlighted
Aspirant

Yes i am a gamer with other gamers in the house who own desktop PC we play games like battlefield and usually get kicked when the other joins the same server with out ddos set to off or nat set to open

It helps massively with games that have a single port for coop or multiplayer.

Message 5 of 11
Highlighted
Master

Hi Hazardous,

Which firmware is installed on the router?

Message 6 of 11
Highlighted
Aspirant

Firmware Version
V1.0.4.4_1.1.42

And I cannot turn off ddos protection or secure NAT as my games start to disconnect when another person in the same house on the same network joins the same server I am playing on. Games like Battlefield 1 and Killing floor 2 are some examples.

Message 7 of 11
Highlighted
Aspirant

V 1.0.3.54 is what was on the router when I opened the box it still happened which is why I updated happened on 2 different r8000.

Message 8 of 11
Highlighted
Virtuoso

@Case850 @JamesGL @michaelkenward et al.

This new update Firmware for R8000 v. 1.0.4.12 HAS THE SAME FLAWS AS THE PREVIOUS UPDATE 1.0.4.X.X.X.XXX

I for one am loosing my taith to Netgear faster, as I am the cool guy all along.

I emailed to Netgear PM raising my concerns firmly, as this seems to be a rushed one. Hopefull they will wake up

I have been on this fw for about 2 weeks with limitation.

For now, the first thing you want to do after sucessfully flashing to this v.1.0.4.12 is to DISABLE THE DLNA through Advance Tab/USB Functions/Media Server. You can leave Circle parental control on.QoS on but be aware that Circle is also scanning and take up memory fast too. 

Only after this step is done, your router will be stable in all aspects.

For those who still want to utilized DLNA, please reverse back to version 1.0.3.54 as it does not have Circle app implementation in fw.

This should be ok

See my post Re: R8000 Newest Firware Update Version 1.0.4.12

Best regards to all

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 9 of 11
Highlighted
Aspirant

ffs still happens on latest firmware. Installed firmware reboot router wait for password prompt then factory reset. setup up router password and recovery, turn on vlan, router reboots, login and turn off a wifi radio router reboots, router now not accessible again. factory reset and do it all over again but set vlan AFTER all the other settings and its fine.....

Message 10 of 11
Highlighted
Aspirant

tried turning off DLNA after facotry reset and turn on vlan then turn off wifi radio still crashes...

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements