Re: R8000 DNS and Resolution errors

fury88
Star

R8000 DNS and Resolution errors

There are multiple topics on here about them but they’ve all been closed without resolution. This is a serious problem that needs fixing.

DNS stops resolving internally after awhile. It happens on any SSID. TO be honest, it seems to have gotten worse since I enabled Circle. I noticed in the logs that it also thinks my Honeywell Thermostats are attacking my network. I’m wondering if the router is overreacting to normal traffic. I have over 3 dozen devices since I’m heavy IoT! I’ve seen others mention about high traffic periods as well. Like I said, logs show strange things. Of course I turned off DoS prevention and now I can’t even log into the router but it’s still serving. Go figure.

-Matt
Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
dan_j_
Tutor

Hi,

I have similar problem. Every 10-14 days DNS stops working. When this is happend I also can not login to router. I have thirteen devices in network. I also have wi-fi thermostat Smiley Happy. My firmware is V1.0.4.18_10.1.49. My provided is Comcast, router is Arris surfboard SB6121 4x4. To fix issue, I need turn off and turn on router and it works 10-14 days. Smiley Sad All superduper router's features have been off, except "beamforming" and "smart connect". DNS also stopped work with Smart Connect off. By the way "Smart Connect" works worse on the newest firmware.

Thanks.

DanJ

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 3
GreenMotion
Guide

This started happening on mine too after upgrading to the latest firmware. 

I rolled back to the previous version and haven't had this problem since.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E