R8000 Dynamic QoS & Plex

jimmyleet
Follower

R8000 Dynamic QoS & Plex

Hey guys, I have Dynamic QoS working a treat in my home which allows me to stream a movie even if my housemates are downloading.

My only complaint is Plex is listed as "Others" when it comes to QoS however it should be treated as a video streaming service and have a higher priority than things such as Steam or Downloads.

Is there anyway to manual add things to the Dynamic QoS? or does anyone have a solution to my problem?

Thanks guys

Message 1 of 3
TANWare
Star

Re: R8000 Dynamic QoS & Plex

Right now they use a fixed DB, done 3/8/2015. I had requested that this be made where we can adjust it but so far nothing.
Message 2 of 3
lilstone87
Apprentice

Re: R8000 Dynamic QoS & Plex

TANWare wrote:
Right now they use a fixed DB, done 3/8/2015. I had requested that this be made where we can adjust it but so far nothing.

Well when they announced this router, and all it features. They said how the database was gonna be updated all the time via the cloud, that's laughable at this point. However you can click the check box next to any device, and then hit the edit button in top left corner. Then you can change name of the device, and what type of device it's with the selectable options they have added.

The QoS system for sure needs some improving, and again netgear disappointing in the time frame of releasing new firmwares. At there current rate, we will be lucky to have a new firmware by end of this year. It's all fine, and dandy to release these newer featured routers, but going non-existed on developing the software on them is really sad at this point.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements