Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000; EX8000; EX7500

MSimpson
Initiate

R8000; EX8000; EX7500

Hello,

I have the R8000 in the living room, the EX8000 is in the other side of the house (working fine), range and signal strength in the garden is very temperamental, when solid it's fast but can drop out. So my question is can i place EX7500 in the shed and extend the mesh? I don't think the EX7500 will pick up the R8000 but it shouldn't have issues picking up the EX8000.

Is this possible? Are there any other ways is can keep the single ssid seamless switch over? Would the EX7500 link up with the EX8000? I have the ability to run cat5 to the shed, if i did this are their any Netgear products i could use to get the great wifi coverage i have indoors in the garden? I thought about an AP plugged into the EX8000 ideally but could run from R8000.

Many thanks

Michael

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R8000; EX8000; EX7500

@MSimpson wrote:

Hello,

I have the R8000 in the living room, the EX8000 is in the other side of the house (working fine), range and signal strength in the garden is very temperamental, when solid it's fast but can drop out. So my question is can i place EX7500 in the shed and extend the mesh?----Maybe? distance and object in the way matter just as much as if you can do it.  I don't think the EX7500 will pick up the R8000 but it shouldn't have issues picking up the EX8000.  If you can pick it up with a phone/tablet and have a usable signal over 5ghz then the EX7500 should be able to as well. It can create issues if the EX7500 can see both ssid's and connect but if it only picks up the ex8000 then you should be fine. 

Is this possible? Are there any other ways is can keep the single ssid seamless switch over?----in extender mode its seamless and can use the same ssid.  Would the EX7500 link up with the EX8000? I have the ability to run cat5 to the shed, if i did this are their any Netgear products i could use to get the great wifi coverage i have indoors in the garden? I thought about an AP plugged into the EX8000 ideally but could run from R8000.-If you hardwire in the ex7500 or most other AP's, you lose the seamless roaming. Unless you switch to a system like Orbi that supports but wired and wireless backhaul. 

Many thanks

Michael

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

@MSimpson wrote:

Hello,

I have the R8000 in the living room, the EX8000 is in the other side of the house (working fine), range and signal strength in the garden is very temperamental, when solid it's fast but can drop out. So my question is can i place EX7500 in the shed and extend the mesh?----Maybe? distance and object in the way matter just as much as if you can do it.  I don't think the EX7500 will pick up the R8000 but it shouldn't have issues picking up the EX8000.  If you can pick it up with a phone/tablet and have a usable signal over 5ghz then the EX7500 should be able to as well. It can create issues if the EX7500 can see both ssid's and connect but if it only picks up the ex8000 then you should be fine. 

Is this possible? Are there any other ways is can keep the single ssid seamless switch over?----in extender mode its seamless and can use the same ssid.  Would the EX7500 link up with the EX8000? I have the ability to run cat5 to the shed, if i did this are their any Netgear products i could use to get the great wifi coverage i have indoors in the garden? I thought about an AP plugged into the EX8000 ideally but could run from R8000.-If you hardwire in the ex7500 or most other AP's, you lose the seamless roaming. Unless you switch to a system like Orbi that supports but wired and wireless backhaul. 

Many thanks

Michael

Message 2 of 3
MSimpson
Initiate

Thanks alot!

Great help

🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats