Retired_Member
Not applicable

R8000 FW 1.0.3.4

Message 1 of 58

Accepted Solutions
markswift
Aspirant

Re: R8000 FW 1.0.3.4

It looks like Netgear have in fact abondoned the R8000, while they still seem to support the R7000! Disgusted, I guess the next move is Asus.

The IP6 issue is a joke!

View solution in original post

Message 54 of 58

All Replies
Kadian78
Guide

is this legits andw hts new

Message 2 of 58
truface
Tutor

seems legits. Below is the change log:

Bug Fixes & Enhancements:

• Fixes the WIN10 Edge and IE11 web browser issue.
  • Fixes the Telefonica IPTV crash issue by disabling the CTF in PPPoE mode when IPTV/VLAN is enabled.
  • Supports ReadyCloud.
  • Supports AP mode detection.
  • Supports IPv6 6rd.
  • Supports 802.11d 
Message 3 of 58
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Kadian78 wrote:

is this legits andw hts new

Forgive me BUT!

I'd assume since you're on this forum you'd know how to manually check for updates. Why would post is this Legit? Since your're already logged in it would take less than 20 seconds to check the support/downloads for the R8000 and answer your question(s). A post saying thank you would had been a logical response if you felt you had to comment.

Message 4 of 58
bilbad
Aspirant

I do not know a lot about the newer router functionality, so please excuse me if this question seems ignorant... will the IPv6 6rd in the release help to stabilize my Nighthawk's connectivity to the internet? Maybe I am going out on a wild goose chase in trying to find that silver bullet that will address the seemingly sporadic and inexplicable internet drops that I get while trying to watch Netflix in the evening, while my kids are gaming?

I often end up unplugging my Samsung SmartTV and rebooting the Nighthawk router and 15 minutes later, can resume watching & playing.... I do only have 6 up and 2 down ISP service where I live, so maybe it has to do with that, but honestly, don't hit the 6 download limit much, if ever....

Just want to be a happy cord-cutter from cable & satellite.... and I know it will probably take a firmware update to both the Nighthawk and the TV, combined with the proper configuration on the router & ISP service.... just not there yet....

Message 5 of 58
Kadian78
Guide

my apologies i assumed it was some new beta firmware like i have seen posted under a previous fimware thread, it was a link to a chinese ftp server for netgear, shanme it hasnt been pushed to ftp servers yet, and thank you for posting.

Message 6 of 58
Kadian78
Guide

try using the dynamic Qos feature

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25598/~/how-do-i-configure-the-dynamic-qos-feature-on-...

heres the guide on how to enable it. see if it helps

Message 7 of 58
truface
Tutor

Have anyone try the ReadyCloud? When i connect my portable USB HDD to the router usb3 port, it disable the 2.4GHz. The SSID of the 2.4 GHz is shown but is unable to connect altogether. Anyone else having this problem?

Message 8 of 58
JamesGL
Master

Hi @truface,

Have you performed a factory reset on the device after the update?

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 9 of 58
truface
Tutor

@JamesGL

I have did the factory reset and power down cycle. In fact i have tried more then once, it didn't resolve. Only the USB 2 port works. I'm sure it not my USB3 protable HDD cause I even try use thumbdrive and an older USB2 protable HDD

Message 10 of 58
Kadian78
Guide

try re flashing the firmware or creating a support ticket if your lucky, enginnering might decided to fix or may already have a fix, if not, ity could bae harware issue.

Message 11 of 58
truface
Tutor

I have tried that too, reflashing the firmware. 

Message 12 of 58
truface
Tutor

How do I creat the support ticket? 

Message 13 of 58
Kadian78
Guide

you have to call the number for you country the  one for australia is 1300361254

other countries is difffrent

Message 14 of 58
truface
Tutor

I'm from Singapore. I called the Netgear Corporate Office and they redirected me to a Netgear support call center. They are unable to answer/solve the problem. I went to my local distributor for a one to one exchange. Tested the new exchanged unit and it having the same problem. 

Message 15 of 58
Kadian78
Guide

ok did u ask them to transfer you to level 2 support they should be able to help

Message 16 of 58
falcon26
Aspirant

My R8000 worked great with my USB Flash drive plugged in. Now since updating to the new firmware it is no longer seen. Actually no computer on my network is seen by the R8000 now. What setting did the new Firmware change to make it invisable to all computers and USB flash drive attached to it? What should I be looking for in the settings?

Message 17 of 58
JamesGL
Master

Hi Falcon,

Please check the post below for our responses in your inquiry.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R8000-USB3-Port-doesn-t-work/m-p/1006715#M21...

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 18 of 58
big_j_ny
Aspirant

How come this FW is not coming up from the FW updating option in the R8000's UI (192.168.1.1)?

Message 19 of 58
JamesGL
Master

Hi big_j_ny,

There might be a problem with the genie connecting to the server but you may download it in support site.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30010

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 20 of 58
Jvaillancourt
Aspirant

So I upgraded FM and reset factory settings and I still cannot get cloudshare to work. Im very disappointed beause I called tech support and they tried to sell my some 1 year long remote feature and would not help me get this working. The best i could tech tech suppoprt to do was point me to a generic instruction that ive done a hundred times already. Im having the same problem where if I hit refresh in the Readyshare tab i can see ready cloud for a splt second but then it dissappears. New update FM did not fix this. Ive spent about 5 hours total trying to get the cloudshare to work with no luck.

Message 21 of 58
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Jvaillancourt Are you getting any error message? Or it just basically disappear?

I suggest that you re-flash the firmware of the router. Re-flashing means uploading the same firmware version.

Make sure that you use a hardwired computer when you re-flash. After re-flash, reset the router for 10 seconds by using a paperclip.

Once done, reconfigure the router then try ReadyCloud again.

Message 22 of 58
Jvaillancourt
Aspirant

@ElaineM I have just reflashed and reset my unit for the third time. I used a hardwire like you asked. I am still having the same issue. I do not have an error. In the router settings on the basic tab If I click the 'ReadyShare' button ReadyCLOUD does not show up as an option. While on this page if i click the refresh button I can see ReadyCLOUD show up for a split second but then disappear.

I played around a little more and found some ReadyCLOUD options under the advanced tab. From there if i click the USB Functions => ReadySHARE Storage i get access a ReadyCLOUD tab that has an option to register a device. This is not working either. I have seen 2 things from happen when I try to register my router. 1- I get a "Registration failed. Please check your user name and password and try again." or 2- My entered info disappears and nothing happens. I know my account info is correct because I can log onto the ReadyCloud website.

Why is this process so difficult? Do you have any other suggestions or is it time to return this router?
Thanks

Message 23 of 58
Kadian78
Guide

did you rasise the issue to level 2 support and make a case, so that they forward it to enginnering

Message 24 of 58
scrufy
Tutor

Ive updated to 1.0.3.4 and also can no longer connect to the 2.4ghz port. Ive disabled readyshare and only have media server running on usb 3 port drive(which cant play any hd content as it just buffers every 5 seconds with "loading...").

The 2.4ghz port shows up with broadcast on but connects simply dont complete. I havent done a wireshark of the traffic but I guess I can if need be to see exactly why.

Also, I did do a reset after the fw update (held the button 10 seconds).

So a few bugs that need attention.

Message 25 of 58
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7