Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8000 FW 1.0.3.4

groves31
Aspirant

I'm on centurylink which uses 6rd.  The way I get around this is to go to the IPV6 setup page after everything is connected and running and hit apply without changing anything.  I then hit refresh a few times until the address appears on the page.  I then logout and usually have to do a restart on the pc to get the pc to do IPV6.  The address is present until the router is power cycled. I then go through this whole thing again.

Message 51 of 58
thecaretakeruk
Aspirant

I'm unable to visit any ipv6 only sites even thought I am connected to my isp's ipv6 and pick up thier DNS. It's the R8000 router that won't give me an address on the LAN side. Nothing I've tried will fix this. Any ideas?

Capture.JPG

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 52 of 58
Mikeruoc
Aspirant

I am having many issues with the R8000. IPV6 is a major one. Can you please let me know when we are going to get an update or at least a beta firmware? So sad to see this expensive product rot with so many issues. 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 53 of 58
markswift
Aspirant

It looks like Netgear have in fact abondoned the R8000, while they still seem to support the R7000! Disgusted, I guess the next move is Asus.

The IP6 issue is a joke!

Message 54 of 58
soeun
Apprentice

Any updates on when a newer firmware will become available?

Message 55 of 58
scrufy
Tutor

Netgear has ignored these issues and actually fixed some of the same things wrong on the 7000 series months ago.

Yes, for whatever reason, They seem to have abandoned the 8000. The really bad part is that some of the advertised features like readyshare are not functional.

An example of one big fat bug is that when Readyshare is enabled then the 2.4 channel stops functioning. There is a list of bugs that are out there in this thread and others.

None of the problems have been addressed except by the fan boys here in the forums that say "contact netgear support, they will help you"... umm, no, they don't won't and apparently "can't".

I started reporting my personal findings a year ago. Even got out my work network analyzer and forwarded the results of a few things to Netgear when they did answer my ticket, but that ticket just got dropped, like the one after that.

I went open source long ago on my Nighthawk, and when it finally fails I will be going with a differnt brand. I don't feel too happy about spending almost the most you can on a home device to get the VPN etc.. features I need for work, only to find out it's support and abilities are less than a $99 generic box.

I'll remember this one for a long time. Crappy company with abysmal support.

Message 56 of 58
thecaretakeruk
Aspirant

Got my hopes up then. Got the email notifying me of your post andat the top of Internet Explorer it says "Solved: R8000 FW 1.0.3.4".

Nobody has come back with a solution to my problem (No IPV6 LAN address issued with PPOE). so I do not consider the problem solved 😞

Message 57 of 58
Eluder
Star

@scrufy wrote:

Netgear has ignored these issues and actually fixed some of the same things wrong on the 7000 series months ago.

Yes, for whatever reason, They seem to have abandoned the 8000. The really bad part is that some of the advertised features like readyshare are not functional.

An example of one big fat bug is that when Readyshare is enabled then the 2.4 channel stops functioning. There is a list of bugs that are out there in this thread and others.

None of the problems have been addressed except by the fan boys here in the forums that say "contact netgear support, they will help you"... umm, no, they don't won't and apparently "can't".

I started reporting my personal findings a year ago. Even got out my work network analyzer and forwarded the results of a few things to Netgear when they did answer my ticket, but that ticket just got dropped, like the one after that.

I went open source long ago on my Nighthawk, and when it finally fails I will be going with a differnt brand. I don't feel too happy about spending almost the most you can on a home device to get the VPN etc.. features I need for work, only to find out it's support and abilities are less than a $99 generic box.

I'll remember this one for a long time. Crappy company with abysmal support.

Ya, the R8000 is my first and last Netgear product. Very disappointed in their support of a high priced consumer router, it's really lousy service for end users, especially those that would fork out this much money on a router (power users).

Message 58 of 58
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7