Squuiid
Luminary

Re: R8000 Firmware Version 1.0.2.44_1.0.96

agood214 wrote:

Regards,

Jmaes
Expert ID: 87001
NETGEAR L2 Support Expert

Is the typo yours or do we have a support 'expert' who can't even type his own name? Smiley Very Happy
Message 76 of 118
Discovery120
Aspirant

Hi from Spain (R8000 ver. Europa)
Last firmware (1.0.2.44_1.0.96) don´t work Smiley Sad
Updating ok, but config conexion for internet FTTH from Movistar(Telefónica) enter in loop auto restart itself continuously.
When config VLAN for internet= 6 (Movistar in spain) and PPoe, conect internet for 2sg (led internet turn on white color) but auto restart continuously.
Please!!! When a new firmware??? Triple VLAN for internet-VOIP-IPTV???
Message 77 of 118
big_j_ny
Aspirant

Finally updated to this FW after the previous FW finally started to give out on my router (the wifi connection from the router started to become intermittent for the last week or so), and it appears nothing has gone wrong for me so far.

Granted it appears everyone's issues with this FW happen to be related to having Dynamic QoS turned on, which I never turned on at all.

Basically all this FW update did was resolve all my intermittent connection issues from the last few weeks or so because otherwise, this FW functions like the previous FW when the Dynamic QoS is turned off.
Message 78 of 118
Squuiid
Luminary

Has anyone tried 1.0.2.46 posted on this site a few days ago? Is this a legitimate Netgear site does anyone know?

ftp://download.netgear.com.cn:8084/R8000/
Message 79 of 118
TANWare
Star

They do not seem to be official, at least not yet.
Message 80 of 118
TANWare
Star

I installed it but see no changes. The changes though could be in the background where I can not tell. I have not had issues so this may do nothing for me.
Message 81 of 118
TANWare
Star

OK a difference. The 1.0.2.44 slowes down USB 3.0 significantly in writing, from 23 MB/s to 14 MB/s and 1.0.2.46 slows it further to 11.6 MB/s. Grrrrr.......

Message 82 of 118
Squuiid
Luminary

TANWare, have you noticed any other differences? Have you been using it since you installed or have you now rolled back?

Stability for me on .44 is awful so I'm hoping .46 is better!

Thanks.

Message 83 of 118
Kadian78
Guide

the firmware is faster than .44 but after revering to .44 an the re upgrading there was preformance degredation though it could be just my phone line, since i have the r800 bridged with a modem.

According to netgear support the .46 firm ware fixes a vlan id issue.

Also it seems to have improved my internet though put in general.

Message 84 of 118
Mastiff
Aspirant

After I did a firm ware update I can no longer login to my R8000 router?   This webpage is not available

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
The server at www.routerlogin.net can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventingGoogle Chrome from accessing the network.

Message 85 of 118
Kadian78
Guide

which version did u upgrade to the offical or the beta?

if you cant acess the giu restor the unit back to factory with a paper clip hold the factory reset buttion at the pack of the unit its a pin hole, hold it for 30 seconds then try again

before you do that you can power cycle the router and your pc just to be sure.

Message 86 of 118
Mastiff
Aspirant

this is the version im having issues with

your kidding me right? the email they mass emailed everyone about to upgrade their R8000 for possible remote access hacking?

I dont deal in Betas. 

I just can not access my Netgear router since the update firm ware.

Message 87 of 118
Kadian78
Guide

rigth then ill assume you tried the 192.168.1.1 and the http://www.routerlogin.net methods, and im only making sugestions

you can try in admin comand prompt ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew.

im only tying to help. i upgraded before the mass eamils and i was using the beta by the same version number.

if you want i could teamviewer you and try to help that way but its up to you.

Message 88 of 118
Mastiff
Aspirant

Now Im having Band width issues, with this new updated firmware, I open a web page and it causes my team speak and other connections to lose net connection or activity briefly.

Message 89 of 118
JamesGL
Master

Hi @Mastiff,

Welcome to Community!

The latest firmware is version 1.0.2.46. You may check the link below to download it.

http://support.netgear.com/product/R8000

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 90 of 118
captblaze
Tutor

Is it safe to say now that the r8500 has been released any further development on the r8000 is over and done with? Not that netgear has put much effort into maximizing the potential of the x6 beyond making it functional. i am curious as to why anyone would upgrade to the x8 (given how neglected the x6 has been)?

Message 91 of 118
Kadian78
Guide

the X8 is pointless the internal antennas will degrade preformance, and the x6 has firmware bugs that still have not been fixed as of late. Thiers only minor changes in the x8 compared to the x6.

not worth the upgrade.

Message 92 of 118
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

In a simple comparative throughput test with the R8000 and the R8500 I achieved just over double the throughput in some rooms of my house from the R8500, with an Intel 7260AC which isn't optimised for use with the R8000/R8500. I also have a Link Aggregation capable NAS connected to the corresponding ports of the R8500 which via my gigabit LAN provides just over 100Mbytes / sec to connected computers, a 1.5Gbyte file transfer completed in about 15 seconds.

The R8000 has not been dropped from development and I am not aware of any plans to do so. If anyone has ideas for development of the R8000, or any outstanding issues that need resolving, then I would be happy to pass those on.

captblaze
Tutor

@Babylon5

thanks for the insight... wouldnt you know there is an updated firmware recently published. in terms of performance on LAN, i am already achieving 111 mb/s transfers from my NAS to wired devices on the LAN. port aggregation needs as many lines going in as out to increase transfer rates, so the implementationon on the X8 seems like a marketing gimmick.

My original question was to see if there will be continued factory support for the X6 considering how long it has been between updates.

once again thanks

Message 94 of 118
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I assume you mean 111 Mbytes/sec with that NAS transfer? With link aggregation it’s possible for a combined throughput in excess of the LAN gigabit rate, the arrangement of my LAN didn’t make that test easy to perform, but others achieved those higher rates.

As for the R8000, as I said I am not aware of plans to reduce support for the router, but I’m interested in the perception of end users here and what people believe may be outstanding unresolved issues or expected features not yet materialised. I can then highlight this information with Netgear.

captblaze
Tutor

yes my throughput is 111 Mb/s with one cable and no aggregation. I am just a bit skeptical regarding the port teaming of the X8 primarily because it links two gigabit ports and outputs from one gigabit port. to up the throughput on my home network i needed two teamed gigabit NICs in my computer connecting to a link aggregating switch to two teamed gigabit ports on my NAS.

Unless port 3 on the X8 is a hybrid, i dont see how link aggregation will up the throughput beyond what one gigabit port can handle

Message 96 of 118
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Well yes, to gain the best advantage of the Aggregation you would need to distribute connected computers amongst the other four LAN ports, but for the average home network that should not be too difficult even where external switches are used. So that’s two aggregated ports to the NAS and four LAN ports to the computers etc.

I think maybe we should close off this discussion here or continue in a current (or new) R8500 thread?

Kadian78
Guide

i passed on the issues of the unit rebooting, and the various upnp issues to level 2, also asked for pppoa support to which engneeiring respnded with pppoa is for dsl only, even though i explained my r8000 is bridged with a dm111pv2 dsl modem and i would like to be able to modulate via pppoa, also they asked for config files for the 50th becuae they couldn't replicate the upnp issues im having, same response the gave me for my previos d6300 upnp issues where you had to enable dmz on my xbox one in order to get upnp to work across all devices, the told me they couldn't find the issue, the unit was upnp certified and go away, yet my freind who also had a d6300  suffered form the same issue, they horrible enginnering departments lack of support and the exetrme amout of time they take to respond to issues makes me want to replace my unit with a device for another company, keep in mnd the d6300 was fine before a fimware update which then even reverting the firmwware could not fix, the issue was baked in the he hardware.

i have no faith in them fixing anything due to the random reboots and disconnections slow preformance after being on for x number of hours which rebooting fixes, upnp screen filling with ports and not displaying newly opend ports. Also the random reboots caused by factory reseting the unit to provide the setup screen shots, the box rebooted that many times in one day it seemed to be a loop.

Also the lack of updates to the dynamic qos table they still havent  added steam ports yet after multiple requests.

So yes after months of issues where my WD MY cloud is blocked form the net by parental controls and the ports are not forwared by upnp, also tunngle the vlan app i use to play minecraft with friends not being forwareded by upnp when its opened only after its ben closed and reopend does the port forward, not to mentyion the unp issue i have with the grim dawn game.

To me if they cant fix it after months on end, the outcomes are A. they are using the wrong unit as in not one that was sent to australia. B. the unit is dead.

Form the way thier going the R8000 is now obsolete and dead the R8500 is the new focus on wich thier more intrested on bug fixing due to it being the new flagship router.

Also unless they fix the issues or replace the buggy R8000 they *cough* have been "trying" to fix it looks like ill have to go look else where for a router more liley a diffrent brand.

Message 98 of 118
JamesGL
Master

Hi @Kadian78,

Can you try this new firmware for R8000?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R8000-FW-1-0-3-4/m-p/1000722/highlight/true#...

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 99 of 118
Kadian78
Guide

did no dice the issue is baked into the hardware infact its worse than before, still reboots when i open ea orgin enven after a reset, the eninners are hopless cant fix bugs after 6 months + of reporting, seems like the need more staff to thelp with the workload of bug fixing. same as the d6300 they could not fix the upnp issues after the buggy firmware update, seems as though my r8000 is screwed thanks to enginnering, level 2 support does not care any ways jsut forward to enginenring then let them make you wait. besides the isses that f/w was suppsed to fix with edge has made it infact worse and more of a common occurance forceing me to reset tcp/ip stacks and reboot my pc often to fix it only temporarly.

Message 100 of 118
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements