Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8000 Firmware slow

DGonzo
Tutor

R8000 Firmware slow

Well I’m sure we all know that the Netgear Customer support is a joke by now. On to the point. I have downgraded my firmware to 1.0.4.28 in order to get my internet speed back. It worked as I was getting close to my 1 Gig speed I’m paying for but every couple of days or hours, I have to reset my router because it slows to a crawl. When I say crawl I mean down to below 5Mbps. I have read previously threads about going back to a very old firmware but my router only lets me downgrade so far and unfortunately that firmware is too far back. Is there any other current firmware that anyone would recommend or even a setting that I am missing? Please help!
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

After you downgraded to 1.0.4.28 (what I usually recommend), did you do a factory reset and a clean install? making sure not to use a backup configuration? 

Also make sure after the reset not to enable qos, traffic monitoring, access control, or parental controls. 

Message 2 of 6
DGonzo
Tutor

Yes I did however when I did the factory reset it would automatically go to the most current firmware.
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Message 4 of 6
DGonzo
Tutor

I will try this and get back to you shortly. Thank you for the rapid responses by the way!
Message 5 of 6
DGonzo
Tutor

Sorry for late response, I have been testing and as of now everything is remaining stable. I will keep monitoring and if all is good within 2 weeks time, I will mark this as the solution. Thanks for all the help and fast responses!
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7