Re: R8000, Firmware v 1.0.4.2. Router lost ability to detect IPv6 setting from modem.

dan_j_
Tutor

R8000, Firmware v 1.0.4.2. Router lost ability to detect IPv6 setting from modem.

Hi,
I have updated newest firmware to R8000. I noticed that router lost ability to auto detect IPv6 settings from modem. My modem is Motorola SB6121. Internet Service Provider is Comcast. I checked old firmware 1.0.3.54 and IPv6 settings works fine. I can enable IPv6 by 6to4 tunnel but modem has all settings and router should automatically detect ipv6. 

Does any one has the same problem?
Can someone from netgere can chacek and fix this issue?
Thank you.
Happy Thanksgiving.
dan_j

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: R8000, Firmware v 1.0.4.2. Router lost ability to detect IPv6 setting from modem.

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have problems with new firmware.

If it isn't too late, and you aren't locked out browser interface, first note down the settings – screen grabs can help here.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 3
dan_j_
Tutor

Yes, I did. I reset router to factory settings.
I checked IPv6 settings after factory reset and router could not detect IPv6 from modem.
I checked modem, works fine.
Thank you for reply Michael.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E