Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8000 Firmware

pacole
Aspirant

R8000 Firmware

I recently update the firmware to the latest version (V 1.0.4.76 _ 10.1.82).  Seems like it is now incompatable with Salesforce ( I work remotely via company VPN). Have to constantly refresh page to change screens.  Tried to revert back to previous version. Downloaded/extracted zip file. Extracts as a *.chk* file which Windows 10 states no app associated with this file. Likely my own user error in the process, but any thoughts...?  IT department cannot solve. 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

you don't "double click" on the .chk file to install it. 

Once you've downloaded and extracted it. Then you follow the manual update process and upload it to the router. 

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Message 2 of 6
pacole
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick response! Sounds like a simple solution. As I said.... I never eliminate "user error" as the primary cause to my computer problems!   Hopefully this will resolve the issue. 

Message 3 of 6
SmallTrader
Apprentice

Hi Pacole,

Please be awared that latest R8000 firmware and the version prior to this both have serious DNS issue. After firmware update, you will get random "Site not found" error due to DNS problem.

The problem has existed at least since Jun/Jul this year. No fix from Netgear and I am not holding my breath. Support and firmware testing is non existentat at Netgear.

Message 4 of 6
pacole
Aspirant

Thx SmallTrader~

Issue definitely started after last firmware update. I was able to reveret back to a previous version. So far so good....  Would switching to Google DNS vs my current ISP DNS help? I've read that this could actually slow things down~

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to try. 

Users are encouraged to contact NG support and let them know what there experiencing with the routers:

ttps://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7