R8000 Guest Network Needs Separated Wireless Isolation and Local Network Access

Collector123
Initiate

R8000 Guest Network Needs Separated Wireless Isolation and Local Network Access

Guest Network now combined the 2 functions "Wireless Isolation" and "Local Network Access" as a single option. In the old days, they are separate options.

My Chromecast does NOT work on Guest Network because it needs to see other devices. I cannot select "Let devices see each other and allow access to my local network", it will defeat the purpose of using the Guest Network. My guests cannot use the Chromecast now because of this.

I need this fix very badly. I have been waiting for a long time for the fix to come, but it did not happen. Especially this is nothing new, it used to be there before. I didn't know why they changed it. I am sure I am not the only one who needed this. It just makes sense to have them separated. Now my $300.00 router is useless.

How do I get NETGEAR to hear us for our requests?

Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: R8000 Guest Network Needs Separated Wireless Isolation and Local Network Access

Message 2 of 5
Collector123
Initiate

Re: R8000 Guest Network Needs Separated Wireless Isolation and Local Network Access

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Hoping it will be heard.

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You're Welcome,

Good Luck!

Message 4 of 5
cwcjr
Tutor

The WNDR3700 does what you want.  It seems that all WNDR4500 and newer products do not let you have a Guest "Network" unless you allow it to see the local network also.  The issue, as you noted affects Chromecast as well as the ability to allow devices on the Guest SSID to print to a printer on the Guest SSID.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E