Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8000-How to change from bridged mode without being able to login

MiM267
Aspirant

R8000-How to change from bridged mode without being able to login

Hi,

after a power outage (and firmware upgrade), my R8000 went apparently into bridged mode and I can login via routerlogin.net or .com at all to access the settings.

My internet provider can see that the IP addresses are not assigned as they should and recommended to change the setting. Without being able to login that doesn't work.

What to do?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
MiM267
Aspirant

Hi JamesGL,

at first, whenever accessing the settings, the connection broke down before I could finish changing the set-up. I then connected the R8000 directly to my fiber terminal (otherwise it is in another room, connected via my internal network) and I connected the laptop via datacable to the R8000.

In the genie, I could not find anything called "bridge mode", but I noticed that the router was set-up as Access Point (AP).

In that mode, it seems to assume that my fiber terminal has wi-fi as well and IP address distribution does not work properly. I deactivated the AP mode and after that, everything was working and all units work now properly on wi-fi (even after moving the R8000 back to the other room).

I have a setting where the fiber comes into a storage room and the terminal is connected to a switchbox from where I connect to a distrubution board that has datalines into all rooms in the house. The R8000 is in one of the rooms to create a wi-fi network for mobile phones, tablets and guests with their devices. Then I have connected other devics (PS4, XBOX one...) in other rooms. In the genie settings it is not always very clear, which settings and modes one should choose for this kind of set-up and hence it took me a while to figure that out.

Thanks for your help!!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
MiM267
Aspirant

It should say "can't" login....

Message 2 of 5
MiM267
Aspirant

Thanks! Will try once more. I did that two times yesterday without success.

Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi MiM267,

Did reset work for you?

Message 4 of 5
MiM267
Aspirant

Hi JamesGL,

at first, whenever accessing the settings, the connection broke down before I could finish changing the set-up. I then connected the R8000 directly to my fiber terminal (otherwise it is in another room, connected via my internal network) and I connected the laptop via datacable to the R8000.

In the genie, I could not find anything called "bridge mode", but I noticed that the router was set-up as Access Point (AP).

In that mode, it seems to assume that my fiber terminal has wi-fi as well and IP address distribution does not work properly. I deactivated the AP mode and after that, everything was working and all units work now properly on wi-fi (even after moving the R8000 back to the other room).

I have a setting where the fiber comes into a storage room and the terminal is connected to a switchbox from where I connect to a distrubution board that has datalines into all rooms in the house. The R8000 is in one of the rooms to create a wi-fi network for mobile phones, tablets and guests with their devices. Then I have connected other devics (PS4, XBOX one...) in other rooms. In the genie settings it is not always very clear, which settings and modes one should choose for this kind of set-up and hence it took me a while to figure that out.

Thanks for your help!!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7