R8000 Intermittent Internet (Cuts out every few seconds)

jlhoskinson
Aspirant

R8000 Intermittent Internet (Cuts out every few seconds)

I have a Surfboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 modem and a Netgear Nighthawk R8000 router, ISP is Cox Communications. I have been using this configuration for a little over a year. Ever since the V1.0.4.18 update, my router will not stay connected to the internet for more than a few seconds at a time. The internet light on the router will go back and forth from white to amber, and all connected devices will lose connection. I have attempted factory resets on both the router and the modem. I reverted back to firmware V1.0.4.12 as it was the last known working version for me, but this did not solve the issue. I have attempted tricks such as MAC spoofing to no avail. I have included a few screenshots of me attempting to ping the server with and without the router, as well as my IP settings. Please let me know if I am missing any information that will assist in troubleshooting.

While connected via ethernet to router.While connected via ethernet to router.While connected via ethernet directly to modem.While connected via ethernet directly to modem.Screenshot (3).pngScreenshot (4).png

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R8000 Intermittent Internet (Cuts out every few seconds)

when doing the test on the router does it do this both on wired and wireless devices?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
jlhoskinson
Aspirant

Yes it happens on all devices, wired and wireless.

Message 3 of 4
IrvSp
Master

Off the wall question...

You cable between the modem and router. Did you use that cable when you connected the PC to the modem? If so that would rule out the cable, but if you used a different one, I'd try a new cable between router and modem.

I'll assume when you change between PC and router connected to the modem you powered it off and back on after changing devices?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements